Specialty Acrylic Polymers:
Protective Technology is the exclusive distributor, in Australia and New Zealand for a number of key acrylic polymer manufacturers, based in Europe.
Acrylic products for use in the construction industry include:
- Defoamers for handling improvement and control of foaming products.
- Dispersants for flow control and increased solids loading for cementicious mixes, high solids renders, plasters and textured coatings. Also improved pigment dispersion.
- Erosion and dust control aids for retaining earth piles, material stock piles and for earth integrity preservation.
- Flocculants for aggregating suspended solids in aqueous solutions or dispersions.
- Powder and liquid grade viscosifiers and flow control aids to achieve virtually any viscosity profile.
Flame retardants for:
Protective Technology is the Australian distributor for CTF2000.
We offer flame retardant solutions for compounding into (or application to) the following systems:
- Adhesion compounds
- Construction fabrics
- Polyurethane foams
- Timber treatment
Concrete and Render Additives
Protective Technology is the exclusive distributor of AddApt products in Australia. AddApt produces several additives for improving spreadability, flow and general performance improvements to concrete and render formulations. The following benefits can be gained from the use of AddApt products in the manufacture process...
- Better coverage and spread
- Reduced chances of pin-holing and cracking
- Drying properties to suit a wide range of climatic challenges
- Masterbatch render formulation from which several varieties can be produced
Although the product range is vast, AddApt produce a variety of products that fall into the following categories...
- Wetting/Spreading agents
- Dispersing agents
- Sealing and binding agents (for unsound surfaces)
In addition, AddApt's sister company, Xyntra, have a broad range of acrylic binders which enhance the performance of renders and concrete as well as providing solutions for coating of these substrates, in order to obtain maximum performance.
- Adhesives and Sealants. Whether the application be for wood and panel products, caulks and sealants, hot melt and packaging resins, contact adhesives or the wide range of water-based emulsions produced, Protective Technology can offer an Ultra-Fresh solution.
- Concrete Premixes – Ultra-Fresh antimcrobials are effective for providing long-lasting, inbuilt, antimicrobial performance to concrete flooring. Ideal for use in floors in the food and health industries.
- Tile grouts – Ultra-Fresh provides superior, inbuilt and longer-lasting mould inhibition to tile grouts. Superior technology to provide proven longer lasting control of undesirable mould and mildew.
- Epoxy systems (including self-levelling epoxy systems) – The hardness of epoxy systems has traditionally been desired for applications where the risk of chemical and microbial attack is high. Ultra-Fresh has been proven to work in epoxy syatems to provide an additional inbuilt defence to assist in the control of undesirable bacteria. Effective for use in functional systems for the healthcare and food services industries. Ultra-Fresh is proven against a broad range of bacteria including MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and VRE (Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci).
- Carpet backing and Carpet underlay. Dunlop Flooring has the exclusive right to the use of the Ultra-Fresh brand in Australia for carpet underlay. Carpet fibres can be pretreated with Ultra-Fresh as can manufacturerd carpet and latex backing. This creates an effective defence aganst bacteria, mould, mildew, fungi and dustmites.
ULTRA-FRESH BRANDINGManufacturers purchasing Ultra-Fresh and Silpure, have the added benefit of being licenced to use the powerful Ultra-Fresh and Silpure logos. Consumers see these brands as an assurance of lasting cleanliness and freshness.